Recipe Source: JAPAN CENTRE
Nowadays, everything from matcha-flavored drinks to sweets is popular with young people and adults alike. You can usually see it on the menus in famous cafes and restaurants.
Matcha is a trending topic for beauty and health influencers on Youtube and Instagram. They claim that matcha is an excellent source of antioxidants and can significantly improve one’s metabolism.
What is Matcha?
Matcha comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. It was discovered in China by a Buddhist monk, Myoan Elsai, and brought to Japan. Elsai found that by drinking matcha, he could improve his zen meditation sessions because matcha produces an effect of a state of calm alertness.
Why is Matcha Good for Your Body?
According to studies, matcha contains a lot of antioxidants that can help protect your cells from damage. It can also help with chronic illness, keep the heart healthy, strengthen the immune system, and improve the skin’s complexion.
Wake up in the morning with a nutritious matcha latte! A little sugar, sweet and creamy milk, and matcha green tea powder are combined in this easy recipe to create a flavor balance that will make you feel energized and ready to go for the day! Best of all, you can drink this hot or cold.
How to Make Hot or Iced Matcha Latte?
1 tsp matcha green tea powder
2 tsp sugar or any kind of sweetener
3 tbsp warm water
250ml cold milk or 300ml hot milk
- Add matcha powder and sugar into a mug: Spoon 1 tsp matcha green tea powder and 2 tsp sugar into a mug or cup.
- Mix with warm water: Add 3 teaspoons of warm water and mix with a spoon or with a whisk until it is a smooth dark green paste to ensure no lumps form.
- Add milk: Warm 250ml milk in a small saucepan and pour into the mug until nearly full. Use cold milk for an iced latte.
- Mix well: Use a whisk to mix the paste and milk together until smooth and light green in color.
- Garnish and serve: If you so wish, you can add a few sprinkles of matcha green tea powder on the top for decoration. Or add ice for an extra cold iced latte.