Recipe Source: Ambitious Kitchen
These No-Bake Healthy Brownies are packed with healthy fats, fiber, and protein. It contains chocolate and various nuts, dried fruit, and chia seeds. This brownie is indeed a superfood that can be your perfect snack or treat. It is delicious, fudgy, naturally sweetened, and, best of all, vegan and gluten-free!
Why Is Chocolate Good For Your Body?
Eating chocolate is the best thing you can do when you are just beginning to recover. Due to its chemical composition, which includes several alkaloids linked to alcoholism, chocolate can help you control your cravings. People with alcoholism can obtain the same substances by eating chocolate without adverse effects.
Customize Your Brownies
You can customize this brownie recipe according to your liking! Feel free to use slightly different ratios of each kind of nut. For instance, if pecans or walnuts are what you have on hand, use those instead of pistachios! Alternatively, you could use goji berries or dried cherries to add a little flair. Use a chocolate bar or chocolate chips that are vegan and dairy-free, or simply omit the chocolate layer, to make this brownie healthier. Whatever ingredients you choose, this brownie will still be delicious!
How to Make No Bake Healthy Brownies?
For the bars:
1 cup packed pitted Medjool dates
1/4 cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup raw pecans halves
1/2 cup shelled pistachios, divided
1/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
1 tablespoon chia seeds
3 tablespoons unsweetened cacao/cocoa powder
1 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup dried cranberries (or dried cherries or goji berries)
1 tablespoon warm water, if necessary
For the topping:
2 ounces dark chocolate bar (vegan, if desired)
1 tablespoon shelled chopped pistachios
1 tablespoon dried cranberries, cherries/goji berries
1 tablespoon chopped pecans
Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Add dates, walnuts, pecans, and only ¼ cup of pistachios to the bowl of a food processor. Process until chunky.
- Next, add unsweetened shredded coconut, chia seeds, cacao powder, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Process again until the mixture is chunky and slightly clumpy. If the mix is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Next, add the remaining ¼ cup pistachios and dried cranberries and pulse again a few times until pistachios are slightly chunky. Add mixture into an 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper, pressing evenly towards the sides of the pan.
- Add dark chocolate to a small saucepan and place it over low heat until melted. You can also microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Pour over the bars, tilting the pan so that the chocolate covers the bars evenly. Garnish the bars with one tablespoon of each of the following: chopped pistachios, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans. Place the bars in the freezer for 20-45 minutes to harden.
- Once ready to serve, sprinkle with Maldon sea salt, and cut into 8 squares. Store it safely covered in the freezer for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
* Extra Tips:
- Keep these healthy no-bake brownies covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve them. They will stay good in your fridge for about a week.
- Feel free to keep them in a freezer-safe container in your freezer for up to 1 month. If you decide to store them in the freezer, take them out of the freezer a few minutes before serving to allow them to thaw out a bit.