Recipe Source: Marianne Williams
The chicken’s lean protein is a good source of amino acids. Amino acids are used by our bodies to create muscular tissue, which is especially crucial as we age. Increased protein consumption has been linked to maintaining bone mineral density, according to studies.
How Healthy Is a Chicken Lettuce Wrap?
The chicken in this crisp, fresh wrap sandwich recipe provides a substantial amount of protein despite the sandwich’s abundance of greens. This wrap sandwich’s crisp iceberg lettuce ensures that the carb content is quite minimal (just 4 grams per serving). Rolling this sandwich will be the trickiest step in this 10-minute recipe, but the parchment paper tip makes it a whole lot easier.
What if I have Chicken Allergy?
You can substitute pork, beef, or vegan meat if you are allergic to chicken. If you’re vegan, you can also use tofu, mushrooms, or any vegetables that you prefer.
How to Make a Chicken Lettuce Wrap?
1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
5 large iceberg lettuce leaves
3 ounces rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
2 tomato slices
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
1/2 sliced cucumber
2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
1 sharp Cheddar cheese slice
- Stir together mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl; set aside.
- Stack iceberg lettuce leaves on a large piece of parchment paper. Shingle leaves from left to right while stacking to create an 8- x 9-inch rectangle, with 9-inch sides facing you.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on the lower half of iceberg leaves, making sure to spread all the way to the edges. Place chicken in the center of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Top with tomato slices, sprouts, cucumber slices, onion slices, and cheese slices.
- Using the parchment as a guide and starting with the side closest to you, roll into a tight log. Once completely rolled, roll the remainder of the parchment around the lettuce.
- Cut in half, and then serve.